Monday, May 19, 2008

It's A Girl!

Today was YaYa's scheduled induction of the new baby. (YaYa is my sister.) We went to her house on Friday night for a little get together, and she went into labor. Her initial contractions were so similar to mine with Birdie's birth. Placing all the children took a bit of brainwork. Papa J stayed at YaYa's house with Lou Lou and Bug. Bear was with Jimmy back in our hometown for a ball practice and Relay for Life. Birdie went with YaYa's children to their youth minister's house.

Everyone was in place and my mother and I were at the hospital with YaYa and her husband. Her nurse was someone she knew and YaYa happened to be the only one on the whole floor having a baby at that time. The new baby girl came at 4:27 a.m. She weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. Initially, she opened her eyes a lot. How sweet and cute!

I'll think of nicknames for YaYa's children as well, because we're always finding time for the kids to be together. I love anything that has to do with names. She now has three girls - one is 5 (Necie), one is 2 and 1/2 (Sunshine), and one is 2 days old (Karate Kid). Necie is my first niece, Sunshine is very active and almost always smiling, and Karate Kid was the kicking-est baby YaYa has had yet. Also, Necie, YaYa, and Teency (an alternate nickname for Lou Lou) are all names in The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which my sister and I read and talked about. They actually filmed the movie based on this book in a house close to one of our relatives' house and that sparked our interest about the whole Ya-Ya thing.

Thank God for the blessing of a new baby! All my children can't wait to meet your newest one, YaYa and Camera Man!

1 comment:

VeganLinda said...

I heard she had another baby, but the way news goes around here I didn't know if it was a boy or girl. :-) Congratulations to YaYa and I can't wait to meet the latest addition to the family!