Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Catching Up - February 2008

More of my written journal now available online - haha!

Feb. 1 - We all went out to eat at The Outback tonight with gift cards from Jimmy's students for Christmas. It was fun and the kids behaved pretty good. When we got home, Birdie laid down, Lou Lou talked with Jimmy, and Bear and I were on the couch with Bug. Suddenly, she started saying, "the itsy-bitsy spider" over and over. I told her twice that the itsy bitsy spider was not on our windowsill but she kept saying it. When she said, "Eww - the itsy bitsy spider", I turned around to look, and right by the baby monitor was a little brownish-gray spider. I got it and we all laughed our heads off - haha!

We played American Idol in the car again and Bug kept saying, "My Daddy's going to Hollywood!".

Feb. 14 - It's hard for me to find time to write in this journal. Lately, I've been having a hard time. There's so much to do and not enough time to do it in. The house stays in chaos. I'm always exhausted but I love what I'm doing when I'm with the children (most of the time). I don't like giving baths for some reason. I don't know why because it doesn't take that long. Birdie is sleeping through the night consistently now. She got her six month shots today, and she got her first tooth last week. She is such a smiler - - she's a very happy baby.

Bear got 9 stitches last Friday. A boy in his class pushed him on the slide and his head hit the metal. It was just under his right eyebrow. He did great during the stitches (by Dr. Ponzi). He saw himself in the mirror and said, "Wow - I look like I have 3 eyebrows."

Lou Lou went with Jimmy last Saturday to the YMCA Father-Daughter Dance. They both got all dressed up. They rode in a limo at the dance.

Bug has started saying things three times. She'll say, "I wub [love] you so tight tight tight". She will say, "I'll be easy" when she's holding something fragile and then say, "I'm not going to do it faster faster faster".

Feb. 24 - This weekend Jimmy worked on the laundry. We're almost caught up - yay! Birdie has pinkeye again. So do I. I think this is the third time for both of us. I watched old family movies all day yesterday and organized and labeled them. It was the most fun! Bug's bedime ritual from the pack and play, which is in our closet, which she calls Birdie's bedroom:

Bug: Night-night, mommy!

Me: Night-night.

Bug: I wub you.

Me: I love you too.

Bug: I wub you too.

Me: I love you too.

Bug: I wub you so tight.

Me: I love you so tight.

Bug: (sometimes in her deep "Ni - na" voice that she learned from Uncle Dwight) I love you so tight, baby.

Me: I love you so tight, baby.

I played Thank Heaven for Little Girls and sang it to Lou Lou tonight. I started crying and Lou Lou hugged me - so sweet! She said, "I'll come see you every weekend!"

The twins are doing good on the piano. Bear didn't get an attitude during practice tonight.

Birdie is the happiest baby in the world. Even with pinkeye, she is wonderful! With one eye open and one eye glued shut, fresh out of the crib, with a big smile on her face, she looks like a little bald headed pirate! She sucks her thumb while she's eating baby food, which just keeps me patient.

Off to lesson planning!

No comments: