Tuesday, June 10, 2008

These are a few of my favorite...clothes

Another funny twin story...since I can't sleep in the mdidle of the night for some unknown reason...

Lou Lou has always loved clothes from the time she could help in taking her clothes on and off. I get hand-me-downs from a friend in Fremont, and many of them seem to be just what Lou Lou would pick out anyway. When Lou Lou was three years old, she had a few favorites, including three tank-tops and two pairs of shorts. The shorts were made of cotton and spandex and looked tight like biker shorts. We called these shorts "tight pants" and only wore them around the house and for pajamas because they were skin-tight. She was and still is a very hot-natured child, and being cool at nighttime was important, so she loved these outfits for bedtime.

From time to time, Lou Lou would get into trouble, as most children do. I told her that if her misbehavior continued in this one specific area, I would take her favorite clothes. Inevitably, she misbehaved again and I took these few items which caused her to shed several LOUD tears. Because this particular behavior had been a continual problem, I told her that she would have to earn them back, rather than getting them back in a specific amount of time, which I had already tried. After several days with no big misbehavior, I told her one night just before bed that she could have her tank tops and tight pants back. She was ecstatic and went to bed easily with a smile, which was rare. Typically, she cried and played and did anything to avoid going to sleep. But this night, she was in heaven with her favorite clothes back in her possession.

I thought nothing else of it until the next morning. When I went in to wake her up, I realized how much she really loved these clothes. She had taken off the pajamas she had been wearing and had put on all three tank tops and both pairs of tight pants. She must have been miserably hot, but on this night, I guess hot didn't seem to matter.

Since then, the tight pants especially got washed so much that they were basically threadbare and unsalvageable for Bug and Birdie, which is just as Lou Lou would want it. Some things you just don't want to share.

No comments: