Monday, June 16, 2008

Summertime

When I typed the title of this post, it made me think of an old Will Smith rap song. My music choices have really changed since having children.

Today is officially our first day of summer. We are through with teacher workdays and will all be home together. No more daycare (although I love the daycare they go to and the people who love them while we're at work), no more bottles, no more thawing out frozen milk, no more pump, no more pump, no more pump. I feel guilty getting so excited about leaving the pump for awhile because I'm blessed to be able to have the drive to feed my baby "baby juice" (as Bug calls it) while I'm away from her. Breastfeeding is such a blessing, but I've never met anyone who was in love with the pump. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to feeding on-demand rather than pumping by the clock.

I've typed up a big schedule for everyone 6 years old and up to read. Bear definitely likes to know what's happening when. I don't know if we'll be able to follow it today because Lou Lou is sick with a stomachache and fever. Today we have library time as well as Vacation Bible School at church tonight. The great thing about VBS is that supper is provided. It's not the healthiest of suppers but it's one less thing for me to plan this week. We're going to aim for healthy breakfast and lunch since supper might taste good but not be that "good for your body" (old Lou Lou and Bear lingo).

While we're at the library (I'm assuming it will be just me and Bear or either Bear with his daddy), I have to pay for three books. While Bug was working on going to sleep for an afternoon nap yesterday, she was also working on ripping out the contents of three library books. I was working on cleaning up after lunch. When I got quiet, I heard this ripping sound. When I walked in her room, her face was very serious, and she said, "I'm going to tape these back in there." I took the books away, told her not to ever do this again, and told her to lay down and go to sleep. When I walked away with the books, she started crying loud. Thankfully, Birdie was in the pack and play in my closet. Bug loves to sleep with books and she usually looks like she fell asleep in a library or bookstore. Hopefully she won't do this anymore, although the twins went through this for awhile.

The family rule for the summer is, "Listen the first time." We'll see how this goes. I'm sure this will give me plenty to write about.

No comments: