Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dresses and Flowers

Yesterday, Lou Lou, Birdie, and I went with my teacher friend Tracy and her mom Lynnette to Greenville. We went to find a flower girl dress for Lou Lou to wear in Tracy's wedding. We found a white one pretty quick, and it was affordable. She loved trying on the dresses and twirling around in them. Afterwards, we got something to eat at Cracker Barrel. Lou Lou was so growny acting. Being mature comes along with being the first child, I think.

Bear was with MaJe and Papa J. They went to their local gym and swam. Then they played racquetball, which is now Bear's new love.

Bug spent time with Jimmy. He told me that she said, "I love you Daddy. Can you give me some of your sugar?":)

Last night, all the girls and I went out to eat with MaJe and Papa J. We ate at a table right by a window, and there were some thornbushes outside the window. Bug pointed to the bushes and said, "Look, MaJe. Those are some sharp flowers!". We laughed our heads off. I couldn't help thinking of MaMa and PaPa. They would have used this same "sharp flowers" term as they pointed out some nice flower arrangement at a party or at someone's house. Bug always keeps us smiling and laughing!

Birdie is almost one. We're only three days away from her first birthday. She is crawling around like crazy and putting everything in her mouth, including Elmer's glue from Bear's picture the other day. She is pulling up a little bit. She can get up on her knees pretty good, especially at the bottom of our stairs or in her crib. She is waving a lot now. She especially likes to stick out her arm and wave to strangers as they come our direction at Wal-mart or anywhere else out in public. She does this on her own without any prompting from us. She'll also wave at family members around the house without prompting. This is so sweet, because I love thinking about what goes on in her head to make her decide, "I think I'll wave at that person." I can't wait to see what Birdie will be like as a bigger kid, because she is such a laid back, good-natured baby. Almost nothing, except food, is worth crying over for her.

No comments: