Thursday, August 14, 2008

PSI - Poopy Scene Investigation

For an entire week, I was without the twins and Jimmy. They were in Florida visiting Jimmy's sister, and although it did seem calmer dealing with only two children, I missed them from almost the moment they left. I didn't sleep well while they were gone, and by this past Sunday, my overtiredness took over. Everyone was taking a nap, except Bear. I just asked the twins to have a little quiet time in their rooms, and Lou Lou fell asleep but not Bear. Anyway, I woke up as Bug came down the stairs. She climbed in my lap and snuggled up for a few minutes.

Suddenly, I noticed a brown stain all over both her legs. I immediately asked her if she had pooped in her pants and she said yes, but that she had changed underwear and tried to clean it up herself. Although I was so proud of her for being so independent (which is so characteristic of both her and me), I was dismayed to see the damage. Walking up the stairs, into the bathroom, down the hall, and into her room was like trying to piece together a puzzle to determine exactly what happened. There will small brown pieces of evidence throughout her bedroom and the hall. There were two pairs of "yuck" underwear in the bathroom. In her independence, she didn't realize that she had made the mess worse, way worse.

I called for Jimmy to awaken from his afternoon slumber and deal with the poopy carpet while I dealt with the poopy child. It took him a lot longer than it took me, but cleaning is his niche and it's always going to take him longer because when he's done, the carpet is like better than new.

No comments: