Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer 2014

Summer once again! Our summers seem shorter because the twins and Steve are on a different school schedule than us. For our summers, I imagine a big long sub being chopped off at either end. We are not home all together as much as when Steve taught at Norwayne Middle School. I'm teaching summer school and Steve is working at PT's Grille as well as working on getting his AIG certificate through 4 online courses. Still very busy plus our house is for sale. It has been so pleasant to finally get everything (and keep everything) in order in our house. Summer is so much more laid back and my brain feels not so overwhelmed. Now that Georgie Pie is not nursing anymore, this year should be a little easier. For the first year after I have a baby, I nurse and pump and my brain just isn't as free. Keeping up with the milk supply is always on my mind and takes up some time. I'm certainly not complaining because I wouldn't have it any other way, but it definitely takes up a big spot in my life that now is freed up for other things.

Praying for our house to sell quick! A few weeks before school got out, our upstairs air conditioner went out and we all had to sleep downstairs. For about two weeks, we all took our pillows and blankets and piled all around downstairs to sleep. We were all together and I loved it. That's where the idea for selling our two-story house began. Hopefully we will move to a one-story house soon.

Linus...Pie has fallen in love with carrying around a blanket. The blanket is a bit long and she's prone to trip anyway so we have to watch her.

Steve, Dellaney, and Blinson left yesterday for Lake Junaluska. They will be back on Sunday. It was a little hard for Dellaney to leave for that long, so we are all praying here that she has a good time and that the time flies by.

For this weekend, it's just me and the 4 younger girls. Hopefully we can have fun and keep the house straight at the same time:)!


No comments: