Monday, September 9, 2013

Funny funny funny

J said just the other day...

Mama, you know how if you tell someone, "You're a redneck," they'll say, "No, I'm not!". People who are rednecks don't know that they are.
I said, "Have you been going around telling people that they're rednecks?"
She said, "No, Mama, I know better than that but you know what I mean?"

After I cooked scrambled eggs, H said, "These eggs are so good, they taste like homemade." I tried to explain to her that they were homemade but I couldn't get her to understand. I think she thought that homemade eggs came from a chicken in our yard. After this whole homemade discussion, she said, "I really wish you would make me some homemade Cheetos."

We had some ants in the kitchen a few months ago. When I started spraying everything down, H said, "Now the bugs are like Oh man, they're cleaning up, now we have to go somewhere else."

H said, "Mama, did you know that God can do some really cool stuff? God can even do a split. When God does something really cool, the devil just says, Man, I wish I could do that." So true so true! We need to remember that God has already won. The devil is not an opposite and equal force with God. With God on our side, the devil is not only beneath God but also beneath us.

H said, "Why don't we go to that pool anymore?" I told her that the people who ran the pool closed it to everyone except the very close residents. We talked about that that made no sense, and then she said, "Yeah, I mean we all live in North Carolina."

H said, "I'm not trying to be mean to God, but I think I like the Great Wolfe Lodge better than heaven."

If I say, "H, stop sucking your thumb," she says, "But I'm hungry!"

H said, "I know how to spell our dog's name...AB (A bee)!"

No comments: