Saturday, August 28, 2010

MaMa

About a month ago, for some reason, Birdie and Bug were all about asking me questions about my grandmother dying. My grandmother died in December of 2007, and Birdie and I were there when she passed away. I took Birdie because she was still nursing and the rest of the children stayed with Jimmy. Anyway, for like 30 minutes straight, the two girls asked me a blue million questions about MaMa's passing away. They come up with all kinds of stuff...

Who was there?
Where was MaMa?
Why did Birdie get to go?
Did you see Jesus there?
Did you see Jesus come get her?
Who was in there with her?

I was so fortunate to be in the room when my grandmother passed away. This was God's way of taking care of me because it made her going easier for me. Anyway, the two funniest things that they came up with were...

Bug - "When she was fixing to die, did you tell her, 'You're fixing to die!'?"

Birdie - "When she started to die, did you tell her, 'Come back! Come back!'?" She used hand motions as she said this:).

No comments: