Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lou Lou in May

Lou Lou has fallen so in love with dance, and she is sad that she won't be able to take lessons through the summer. I wasn't able to go to Bear's scouting event because I was at Lou Lou's ballet recital. She takes dance at Artistic Dance Academy and the recital was jaw-dropping. Not just Lou Lou's performance, but all the performances looked so professional and so breathtaking. I was so totally loving it that nearly every song was a contemporary Christian song. It was so amazing! Lou Lou did great in her dance. Her song was from The Prince of Egypt movie, "I Give to You His Heart." The whole song was from the point of view of Moses's mother as she decided to put him into the river in a basket to avoid his murder by Pharaoh's soldiers. I cried through the whole thing, thinking about Moses's mother and thinking about how we all should realize that in order to keep our children, we must be willing to realize that they are ours for only a short time, but they belong to God and are in His Hands forever. Entrusting them in God's care, just like Moses's mother did. In order to save her baby's life, she had to entrust him back to God. (When my sister YaYa reads this, she'll say, "Camille, you think too much!"):)

Lou Lou is artist supreme in her class. After her 1st grade teacher displays all the students' artwork (with their names written on the back), her third grade daughter is able to pick Lou Lou's work from the rest. She seems to have a natural gift for it. She doesn't even act like she loves art that much, but it just comes easily for her.

Her piano recital is coming up next Sunday. A few months ago, I decided to cut my help out cold turkey. Every time I was in there with her at the piano, she would become so easily and instantly frustrated if I told her one minor correction. I decided to act as if I knew nothing about music, and no matter how she played or what she played, I always said, from the kitchen, "That sounds good!". She didn't want me to leave her in there alone initially, and cried and fussed about how this didn't make sense. Now, she likes practicing by herself, and her confidence and independence have greatly improved.

What's in the future for Lou Lou? She wants to be a nurse or a dancer or a librarian. She wants to buy her own house and live happily unmarried with her sister Bug in a house in our neighborhood:).

A few weeks ago, Lou Lou and her cousin Necie were talking and laughing and talking and laughing. Lou Lou was about to take a bite or sip of something that Necie had already partaken of. Quickly, sounding alarmed, Necie said, "No, remember the swine flu!". Lou Lou said, "Well, they said on the news not to get all worried about it!".

No comments: