Monday, March 16, 2009

Solos, Sewing Lessons, Shopping, and Spices

Last Sunday, Bear sang a solo in church. He sang "Voice of Truth" from the movie Facing the Giants. He did a great job! We practiced the Wednesday night before and he kept stopping and starting throughout the song. When we finished practicing, I heard him say something like "-ap" and I thought he said, although this didn't sound like him, "That wasn't worth a crap!". When I asked him to say it louder so I could hear him, he said, "This is when everybody will be clapping!". It's wonderful to have such confidence!

During our revival two weeks ago, the preacher read the verse from Genesis about Adam and Eve being naked prior to the fall. As he read the verse, he said that men should like that verse and the whole congregation was laughing. Lou Lou asked me what they were talking about, and when I told her, she asked me why they were made naked. I told her that's just how it was, and she said, "Until Eve learned how to sew!":)

Bug recently suggested that it would be better for her if she had a bathroom in her room. She said she didn't want to have to walk down the hallway to use the bathroom. I told her I would think about it. Then she said, "Can we go shopping after my nap and buy me a new bathroom for my bedroom?":)

We have lots of baby paraphernalia, both real and for baby dolls. We have a small bear that is supposed to hold "pretend" baby powder. It has small holes at the top in between its ears. Bug was holding this and asked me to look at the holes. She said, "Mama, do you see these holes? Is this salt?" When she saw me smiling so big, she said in a confused way, "Is it pepper?":).

No comments: